Terms of Reference
CESRA’s Steering Committee
The CESRA’s Steering Committee is the highest governance body of the center. It is chaired by the ASP Chair and composed by the Director of CESRA, the national focal points to the GSP in Asia, the ASP Chairs for the five Pillars of Action, the GSP Secretariat, the ASP Secretariat and the FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (FAO RAP). The Steering Committee is tasked to:
- Review and agree on the annual work plan of CESRA as well as its financials;
- Identify annual priority activities building on the inputs received from national soil institutions, the GSP Secretariat, and the DSIT and DSRD departments;
- Maintain relationships with international agencies and UN organizations as well as with donors and external parties to CESRA;
- Advise the Director of CESRA any time it is needed; and
- Perform any other function as and when considered necessary to achieve the objectives of CESRA.
The mandate of the members of the Steering Committee follows that of their official role in the ASP, except for the GSP Secretariat and FAO RAP.
Following the decision made by ASP member countries at the Fourth ASP meeting (May 2018), the Steering Committee will meet at least once per year as part of the ASP annual meeting. In case of need, unscheduled meetings will take place by web-conference or, when possible, in person at CESRA’s Headquarter in Bangkok, Thailand.
Decisions of the Committee may be made in a manner to be determined by the majority of the committee. The Steering Committee will count on the support and advice of external advisors as needed.
CESRA’s Director General
The Director General (DG) will be tasked to:
- Supervise the overall activities of CESRA and as such initiate, advise, coordinate, facilitate, implement, monitor and evaluate CESRA’s programmes, projects and activities;
- Inform and coordinate activities with Soil institutions, institute, departments, universities, agencies, etc. member to CESRA;
- Mobilize financial resources and keep the relations with CESRA’s donors and the Thai government;
- Advice and guide the work of the Steering Committee;
- Officially represent CESRA at meetings and public events; and
- Inform third interested parties on CESRA and CESRA’s activities.
The DG will count on the support and advice of the Directors of the DSIT and DSRD, and on that of the CESRA’s Steering Committee.
Director of Department
The Directors of the DSIT and the DSRD will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of activities in their department, coordinate interdepartmental actions and assist CESRA’s DG in mobilizing financial resources.
The Heads will report to the Director General and, if required, to the Steering Committee.
CESRA’s external advisory board
CESRA’s external advisory board will be composed by International Organizations and other soil experts relevant to the work of the Center. The board will be tasked to:
- Advice the CESRA’s Steering Committee on the selection, implementation and monitoring of CESRA’s activities;
- Advice the CESRA’s Steering Committee on CESRA’s procedures and international relations;
- Advice the CESRA’s Steering Committee on the mobilization of financial resources;
Assist the CESRA’s Steering Committee in any other business related to the execution of their tasks